Monday 15 July 2013

HTC One S: 10 Trick ROM with HTC Sense 5.0

HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
In this article our readers Michael Ruppert you want a custom ROM for the HTC One Simagine. This is the Trickdroid ROM in version 10, which on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based and the One S with HTC Sense 5.0 treatment. Enjoy the read!

Installation

I have not much experience with the uploading of ROMs, but I can roughly describe the sequence once:
  1. Request Security Off at HTC smartphone is in its open bootloader and the PC a verification number is required, then you must enter on a HTC website. Then you get a file using which you can turn off this Sicherheitsfeteaure by e-mail.
  2. Then you can install software from the PC to the smartphone replaces the function of the recovery Smarphones against a tool with which you can install on other ROMs.
  3. I then rooted the One S, with an app that could be installed by the previous tool.
  4. I have copied the ROM via computer to the memory of one S and installed with the tool installed on the second point, but previously not made a full wipe. Then the ROM has booted.
I can give no guarantee of the process and refer to the instructions at XDA-Developers. And watch out, it can happen even with a small error that the phone itself does not boot, I recommend you therefore before or to make a backup. The data on my SD card (or internal memory) are preserved me.

First Impressions

Although the ROM is also based only on Android 4.1, the smartphone somehow works faster and smoother. After ordering the phone, I've looked at HTC Flashing Feed, which should look after the equipment with me:
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
Blink feed works so ever, at least with my Facebook and Twitter account and in addition some news magazines. I think it is a handy feature, but everyone has their favorite news sources and Twitter on my PC, it can not replace. On time and weather can click one, which is the successor of the well known as HTC widgets.
When Task Switcher can go between the new HTC Task Switcher and choose from Android 4.1, I've taken of the Android, but both are functional.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
The lock screen has been redesigned, this is a matter of taste, but I would say that it only fits consistently to the new Desginsprache.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
Not entirely consistent, only the launcher, which has become partially redundant, since the app drawer now has the option to sort apps into folders and move accordingly.However, even still Widgeds available which can be placed on the home screen. The homescreen index no longer exists.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
The App Drawer has become correspondingly better and I use it now as a homescreen replacement.
The camera app has been redesigned and a new video mode (60fps), with me funktioiert HTC Zoe still not really, so I can think to do is form an opinion. My One S now focused at close range but just better.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
Unfortunately, it happens because of a bug before that the symbols scale every now and then not so good (see picture), as the HTC one has about 4 times higher resolution display than the one south. In later versions of the ROM, therefore, needs to be something done. Otherwise, the notification bar (TrickDroid feature) but it is here, thanks to the Facebook integration become more practical.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
The phone identity in the Info menu shows an interesting model number, namely, the HTC Evo 4G LTE, which is of course a problem, because all the reviews in the App Store Play will not be displayed on the S one.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
Since the ROM is rooted, you can also have other systems running in parallel. I have so once installed a reasonably fast running Ubuntu 12.4. It runs about as fast as a somewhat older computer, but since you can not expect quite so much as well. One probably would run something on a much better performance.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
Performance-wise, the ROM positioned quite well, the setting button below can take out by the multitasking button is in the settings that a click opens the settings, and a longer task switcher.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
In the Vellamo One S achieved a pretty good result for a dual-core an impressive performance.
HTC ONE S Trickdroid ROM
Also in the other part of the benchmark, the proposed ROM quite good, in my opinion, the performance is sufficient for normal applications.

Conclusion

For me, the One S with this ROM is a kind of sequel to my One S with Sense 4 +. I do not regret the decision so far. The error of the ROM I can cope well, for me it just feels like a new device. Since the hardware of the One S is still pretty strong, I even have the feeling that my One S need be ashamed before any other smartphone. And I'm still glad to have that time decided on the S one. The One S runs absolutely smoothly, completely without any lag and feels almost like state of the art.
HTC One S Buy: Amazon * | Notebooksbilliger * | Cyberport *
Perhaps the One S with this ROM is not quite as perfect as the new one, but that it is no longer quite so new, I've saved a lot of money without having the feeling of having to make a big compromise .
And what do you think about this ROM?

No comments:

Post a Comment